One More Church is a Christian Non-Profit Ministry which exists to glorify God by means of providing assistance and consulting to pastors and churches who are struggling to exist. Due to cultural changes, and a pandemic, thousands of churches and pastors are on the edge of dissolving or quitting their ministries.
Assistance and consulting includes developing church organizational and growth strategies, mentoring church leaders, training, developing church vision statements, church and church leaders’ assessments, and providing equipping tools for church ministries.
One More Church seeks to define its mission, focus and activities by referring to:
A Two Fold Focus
1. A focus on local church Revitalizations and church Restarts.
2. A focus on Assisting and Encouraging Pastors.
The Initiative and Launch of “One More Church”: On February 27, 2022, Village Bible Church, Inc. located at 695 E. Pushville Road, Greenwood, Indiana, 46143, held a Commissioning Service to send their founding pastor, Pastor Ken H. Dalton, out in order to launch and lead the One More Church Non-Profit Ministry.
Pastor Dalton had planted the Village Bible Church nine years earlier. The Church and Reverend Dalton agreed unanimously to hand the Senior Pastor position at Village Bible Church over to a new pastor, Pastor Travis Burkett, who would be able to provide ongoing leadership for the church for many future years.
Prior to Village Bible Church, Pastor Dalton had planted six other churches and at the same time trained and mentored many young pastors, and served in consulting with other new church plants.
The Barna Church Research Group gives us the following current statistics:
- Currently 38% of pastors in our country are considering leaving full-time ministry. This number is up 9% since the beginning of 2021.
2. Over 1,700 pastors in America left the ministry every month last year.
3. Over 3,500 individuals left churches in America every day last year.
4. Over 4,500 churches in America closed last year.
In the pursuit of improving some of these current dismal church and pastoral statistics, Pastor Dalton, as an employee of One More Church, is focusing on the following activities and others as needs arise:
- Reach out to pastors and churches who are requesting help.
- Provide one-on-one mentoring for pastors, both in person and also through training materials.
- Provide assistance with church leadership boards and committees.
- As needed, provide strategy, organizational and outreach help with comprehensive, written reports.
- Consult with both pastors and churches in the area of leadership recruiting.
- As the One More Church Ministry Responsibilities and Opportunities grow, develop ways to recruit and train volunteer help and additional paid consulting staff.
- Oversee research needs as needed for pastors or specific local churches.
- Assist Churches that require a “restart” with required organizational exhibits and filings.
- Meet regularly with the One More Church Board of Directors for accountability, decision making , and vision.
One More Church’s income derives solely from contributions from individuals, foundations, trust accounts and churches. Tax-deductible Donations can be sent to: One More Church, 955 Monteray Rd., Greenwood, Indiana, 46143.